Hi and welcome to Law Office of Sharyna Scott’s website. We’re glad you stopped by to visit. We want to notify you about how Law Office of Sharyna Scott (“LOSS” “we” or “our”) processes the personal data that we collect on our online platforms.
2. What Information is Collected.
a. Information You Provide to Us: We collect any information you enter on our site, or that you give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but you may not be able to take advantage of our services features.
b. Automatic Information: When you visit a website, you disclose certain information, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and the time of your visit. This site, like many other sites, records the basic information about visits to our site, including: information about your browser, network and device, web pages you visited prior to coming to this website, and your IP address. The information collected may also include details about your use of this website, including: clicks, internal links, pages visited, scrolling, searches, and timestamps.
c. “Cookies”: Cookies are pieces of information that are transformed to your computer from a web server. Most browsers are set up to accept cookies, but you can change your settings to have your browser notify you when you receive a new cookie or to refuse to accept cookies.
3. How and When the Information is Used. The Information we collect is used for administering our business activities. Occasionally we may use the information to notify you about changes to our website, new services, or special offers.
4. How we Protect Your Information. The privacy and protection of your information is important to us. We do not make any personal information available to third parties without your permission. [ Optional user password text for those whose website has a client/customer portal] Your access to some services and content is password protected. We advise that you do not disclose your password to anyone. In addition, we recommend you sign out of password protected services at the end of your session.
5. Who has Access to the Information. Information about our users is important to us. We will not disclose any individually identifiable information to any third party without first receiving that user’s permission.
6. Methods we use to Protect Your Information. We use security software to protect the confidentiality of your personal information. In addition, our business practices are reviewed periodically for compliance with policies and procedures governing the security and confidentiality of our information. Our business practices limit employee access to confidential information and limit the use and disclosure of such information to authorized persons.
7. Children. This website does not provide services or sell products to children under the age of 18. [If you are under 18, you may use this website only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.]
8. How you can access your information. You can request access to all your personally identifiable information by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Third Party Tracking. Third parties do collect personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities on our website. The third party is our hosting platform, Squarespace. Squarespace needs the data to run this website, and to protect and improve its platform and services. Squarespace analyzes the data in a de-personalized form. We share this information with Squarespace, our website analytics provider, to learn about site traffic and activity, and to improve your experience as you visit our site.
13. Email Marketing. We may send you marketing emails, which you can unsubscribe from by clicking the link at the bottom of the email. We share your contact information with Squarespace, our email marketing provider, so they can send these emails on our behalf. Any information we collect is solely for the purposes outlined above and will not be used, sold or distributed to a third party in any way other than what is outlined above.
If you have any questions or concerns about how we collect information on this website, reach out to us:
Law Office of Sharyna Scott
401 West A Street, Suite 1100
San Diego, CA 92101.